Crack the champagne!
Movable Type 5 is ready for you to download and give it a roll.
Movable Type 5.01 (available in English, Japanese, German, Spanish, Dutch and French.)
This is a great milestone in the 8 years of Movable Type history.
Some long-awaited features are now available:
- Websites for grouping blogs together.
- Themes with full support for custom fields, static files, templates, categories, folders, etc for blogs and websites.
- Revision History for entries, pages, and templates.
- Custom Fields for all objects.
- User Dashboard for quick access to the most used blogs and websites.
…and much more.
We’re excited that all of these features derived from real-world use cases requested by enthusiastic customers using Movable Type. A big thanks to the customers building beautiful things with Movable Type.
And huge thanks goes out to everyone on the Movable Type team to design, build and test this release.
In the coming weeks we’ll be posting articles and adding to the documentation to help you take advantage of the new features in Movable Type.
We’ve got a lot of new docs that are being reviewed and will be published as they become available. We’ll do a regular wrap up of new post on this blog as well. Until then keep an eye on these pages:
The MT SVN trunk is where all future development of MT5 will occur.
Found a Bug?
- To avoid duplication of efforts, search existing bugs (from the feedback page) before submitting a new bug.
- Submit a bug in the Greyhound (MT5) Beta
Have a Question?
Ask questions about this release or Movable Type 5 in general in one of these places:
Movable Type 4.33 Security Update
Part of the reason for the delay of the 5.01 launch was that a minor security issue was reported that affected both MT4.x and MT5.x. This is an optional update. Read more in the release notes.
As many customers will be on MT4 until they have a need to upgrade to MT5, Six Apart will continue to update the MT4.x product with security fixes and other updates as necessary. Any new updates to 4.x will be created from the following branches: