Moving From WordPress To Movable Type
If are looking to convert your WordPress-based blog to use the Movable Type platform, you can do just that in just 3 easy steps. And once you have finished this quick tutorial, you will have a fully functioning and secure MTOS blog with posts, pages, publication status, comments, trackbacks, categories, tags, time stamps, and user accounts from your previous blog.
- Download and Install Movable Type
- Exporting WordPress Data
- Importing Data Into Movable Type
- Login with Administrator Privileges into the Movable Type 4.1 Dashboard
- Browse to the Settings section found under the System Overview drop-down
- Navigate to the Import page found under the Tools drop-down
- Select the blog you wish to import the content into
- Choose “WordPress eXtended RSS (WXR)” as the import format
- Choose the previously saved Exported File and click Import Entries
You are all done! You can now start blogging, style your blog, or manage the imported data.
Please be patient and keep in mind that the importing process may take longer to import large WordPress blogs with many posts and comments since we’ve got to tidy up the data!