Movable Type AMI Edition for Amazon Linux 2023 Release Notes
We are pleased to announce the release of Movable Type AM Edition based on Amazon Linux 2023 (AL2023).
The Movable Type AMI based on Amazon Linux 2023 has the following features and changes, compared to the currently available AMI based on Amazon Linux 2 (AL2).
- Movable Type 7 r.5402 (7.9.7-1) and related packages are installed based on AL2023 and configured to work immediately after launch
- Both the Apache httpd and the nginx web servers are now supported in an AMI. It is configured with Apache httpd by default. You can switch the web server with /app/tools/switch-webserver command, which is newly added.
- Enables to switch web servers and set some Movable Type Configuration Directives at launching via EC2 instance user data. You can change the default language and database setting in the beginning.
- Installs pre-configured policies for running Movable Type under SELinux. The policies are included in the package movabletype-selinux, which is provided with the package movabletype, and contains rules for Movable Type to work with the default files and directory structures, including the related packages such as httpd / mysqld.
- The Movable Type application logs are now directly output as files under the /var/log/movabletype/ directory instead of via syslog. This log is set as the target of logrotate
- Added Movable Type’s alternate template directory /data/file/alt-tmpl. The Configuration Directive AltTemplatePath is set
- Added Movable Type’s theme directory /data/file/themes. The Configuration Directive ThemesDirectory has been set
- Movable Type import directory has been changed to /data/file/import. The Configuration Directive ImportPath has been set
- Movable Type user plugin directory /data/file/plugins has been added. The Configuration Directive PluginPath has been set
- Movable Type’s support directory has been changed to /data/file/support. The Configuration Directive SupportDirectoryPath has been set
- Based on Amazon Linux 2023 (2023-03-22); attempts to update to the latest AL2023 release when launching EC2 instances, if possible.
AL2023 supports two architectures, x86_64 and aarch64 (arm), and Movable Type AMI Edition also supports both architectures.
- Movable Type 7 (Amazon Linux 2023, x86)
- Movable Type 7 (Amazon Linux 2023, arm64)
- Movable Type 7 (Amazon Linux 2, nginx, x86)
- Movable Type 7 (Amazon Linux 2, Apache, x86)
- Movable Type 7 (Amazon Linux 2, nginx, arm64)
- Movable Type 7 (Amazon Linux 2, Apache, arm64)
for Amazon Linux 2
Movable Type AMI Edition for Amazon Linux 2 will continue to be provided. AWS announces the Amazon Linux 2 support ending on June 30, 2025 (Amazon Linux 2 FAQ).