Movable Type 7 r.4601 (v7.1.2) Release Notes
This version of Movable Type was released April 16, 2019.
Movable Type version 7 r.4601 (v7.1.2) includes several changes including security fix.
When updating, it is strongly recommended that you take a snapshot of the database before updating, then installing Movable Type in a different directory instead of overwriting your current installation.
We are now supporting PHP 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 for Dynamic Publishing.
If you are using the Content Sync feature, we strongly recommend running the tools/run-periodic-tasks script periodically because Movable Type will remove the sync result file list that is unlinked from sync settings in the database during run-periodic-tasks.
Returns the value of the ContentSearchScript configuration setting. The default value for this setting if unassigned is “mt-ctsearch.cgi”.
- [MTC-26265] The createContentData endpoint now supports a
publishparameter. If you specify 0 as the
publishparameter, Movable Type will skip rebuilding related files, which means improving process speed when saving a large amount of content data.
- [MTC-26327] Improve error messages to make it easier to determine in which MTContentField tag the error occurred
- [MTC-26363] Log messages are now output to STDERR without character garbling when DebugMode is enabled and Movable Type is running on the Windows environment.
- [MTC-26151] In page archives, MTCategoryArchiveLink no longer outputs values except in block tags such as MTCategories and MTSubCategories.
- [MTC-24995] SQLSetNames configuration directive is removed during upgrade process because character garbling will occur after reconnecting to the database when the value set to 0 and Movable Type is running on the PSGI environment.
- [MTC-26272] The listCategorySet endpoint now works when specifying
- [MTC-26264] Input validation for Date and Time fields in the createContentData endpoint now works.
- [MTC-26262] The createContentData endpoint now works when a content type has a Date and Time field and it is not required.
- [MTC-26261] The createContentData endpoint now works when a content type has a Content Type field and it is not required.
- [MTC-26260] The listContentData endpoint now accepts
labelas a value for the
- [MTC-26256] A data label and description now display correctly on the administration screen when updating them with the createContentField or updateContentField endpoint.
- [MTC-26255] Content type now displays correctly on the administration screen when created with createContentField endpoint.
- [MTC-26254] Filtering the listContentTypes and listContentFields endpoint now works when
searchparameter is specified.
- [MTC-26253] The
dateFieldparameter for the listContentTypes endpoint now works.
- [MTC-26249] Filtering the listContentTypes endpoint by created date now works.
- [MTC-26191] The createContentData endpoint called without a
labelparameter now works when its content type has been configured with an existing field as a data label.
- [MTC-26190] The createContentData endpoint called without a
labelparameter now rejects request when the data label of the content type is configured for user input mode.
- [MTC-26189] Deleting, rebuilding and cloning a template from a v4 endpoint now works when archive type is content type or content type archive list.
- [MTC-12955] The response of the Data API now returns correct data.
- [MTC-10807] The value of a custom field is now keeps a blank value when the field type is Time and the request value is empty.
- [MTC-26188] The preferred archive type is now set by each content type when creating archive mappings.
- [MTC-25640] Searching entries with custom fields now returns correct result.
- [MTC-26309] The link for creating a new filter now displays on the choose filter modal screen.
- [MTC-26308] The message is now translated when deleting an existing filter.
- [MTC-26298] The class name now applies correctly in the listing tables.
- [MTC-26297] The class name now changes correctly when adding/removing column via display settings.
- [MTC-26291] The list of content data now filters by the selected tag when clicking from tag listing tables.
- [MTC-26119] The list of category set now works when filtering by content type.
- [MTC-25586] The filtered list now filters by correct filter.
- [MTC-25374] Unexpected <P> tag will never be inserted when input format is changed from markdown to Rich Text.
- [MTC-25361] Rebuilding individual archive now works when entry listing archive does not exist.
- [MTC-24964] Unexpected <object> tag will never be inserted when the body contains a <video> tag and input format is changed to Rich Text from any other input format.
- [MTC-24960] Published pages will be deleted that are located in a folder before changing the folder when the folder was changed from the bulk edit screen.
- [MTC-24800] The type modifier of a <script> tag in the body will never be changed when input format is changed to Rich Text from none.
- [MTC-10045] Displayed images in the rich text editor now can be selected.
- [MTC-26303] The link to content data in the search result screen now works correctly.
- [MTC-26381] Category-set in content data edit screen now loads category-set correctly.
- [MTC-26344] Improved DOM in content data edit screen.
- [MTC-26302] Unpublish date clearing now works when status was changed to Draft from Published.
- [MTC-26301] Preview file removing now works.
- [MTC-25863] Address an issue with unexpected scrolling on content data editing screen.
- [MTC-25793] Resolved an issue where a data label disappears when PreviewInNewWindow is set to 0 and returning back from the preview screen.
- [MTC-25509] Resolved an issue where content type is subject to search and replace.
- [MTC-25436] Resolved the issue where the description of the multi line text field is too far from the field on the content data edit screen.
- [MTC-26407] Resolved an issue where the list of content sync settings is not displayed if the current user has site administrator role.
- [MTC-26138] FTP connection closing now works when running on PSGI environment.
- [MTC-25465] Resolved an issue where unnecessary messages are output into the access log.
- [MTC-25062] The run-periodic-tasks script now works when running on a Windows IIS Server with the Sync.pack.
- [MTC-26376] Removing the records in the mt_sync_file_list now works when related content sync settings was removed.
- [MTC-26415] Resolved an issue that removes all archive files when changing site path or site url.
- [MTC-25582] Site exporting now works when target site is selected.
- [MTC-25448] The link of module options was removed.
- [MTC-25439] The link of publish settings was removed.
- [MTC-10057] Resolved an issue where a template revision was created when changing a template revision.
- [MTC-26487] Revises html escape of template edit screen.
- [MTC-26030] Revised an error message when rebuilding a template.
- [MTC-25873] MTContentValue now can output 0 when content field is a number field and the value is zero.
- [MTC-26364] Resolved an issue with MTContentField tags causing errors when linked data such as assets, content types, etc. do not exist.
- [MTC-26240] MTContentField respects the order of images in an image field.
- [MTC-25539] MTContentField respects the order of content data in a content type field.
- [MTC-24990] MT::App->log now respects blog_id and author_id when they are specified in a call.
- [MTC-26401] Revised the word ‘blog’ in the description of a rebuild trigger.
- [MTC-26339] Resolved an issue where update widget all the time says ‘updatable’.
- [MTC-26008] Resolved an issue when in a persistent environment such as PSGI or FastCGI, a changed object could be cached when making a preview with an existing object.
- [MTC-25999] Resolved an issue where 0000-00-00 00:00:00 is stored as a value of unpublished date in some database versions.
- [MTC-25892] Improved input validation of password reset screen.
- [MTC-25788] Resolved an issue where a large number of UUV warnings occurred when running on PSGI environment.
- [MTC-25782] Resolved an issue of not being able to select text on a custom field.
- [MTC-25650] Revised the page design of the error messages for perl modules in system information.
- [MTC-25657] Resolved an issue where data was saved even when the file is not generated if the output file name is too long.
- [MTC-25024] Resolved an issue where an error occurs on sign in and sign out when LoggerLevel is configured without LoggerPath.
- [MTC-10075] Resolved an issue where not all selected users could be set to account notification email address.
Many bug fixes and patch offerings reported by the Movable Type community are included in this release. The names of community members who provided patches and bug reports through Jira are as follows. I appreciate your cooperation! (In no particular order, titles omitted)
- Makoto Tajima - MTC-26297, MTC-25657, MTC-24990
- tinybeans - MTC-26030
- Seiko Kuchida - MTC-25782
- Alfasado Support - MTC-25062, MTC-24964, MTC-24960
- Shingo Watanabe@alfasado - MTC-10075, MTC-10057, MTC-24809
- email@example.com - MTC-24800