Movable Type 6.3.8 Release Notes
This version of Movable Type was released January 15, 2019.
Movable Type version 6.3.8 includes several changes, including security fixes.
When updating, it is strongly recommended that you take a snapshot of the database before updating, then install in a different directory instead of overwriting your current installation.
Upgrade guide for Movable Type
- [MTC-25556] [MTC-25555] If a compressed file (tar.gz or zip) contains a symbolic link or absolute path, an error will now occur at decompression.
New And Improved Functions
Immediate delivery changed to background processing
In previous versions, when immediate delivery was executed, processing was done in real time on the browser. However, when the number of target files is enormous, there was a problem that processing timed out. In order to solve this problem, we changed the processing method from real-time distribution on the browser to background distribution using run-periodic-tasks.
When immediate delivery is registered, distribution processing is executed when the next run-periodic-tasks is executed. A notification e-mail is sent when distribution is started.
In environments where run-periodic-tasks is not executed periodically, immediate delivery is not performed.
Following this change, there are some restrictions.
- When immediate delivery is executed for multiple server delivery settings, processing is executed in the order in which they were registered.
- For the same server delivery setting, if scheduled delivery is executed before immediate delivery, immediate delivery will not be executed.
Clarification of authentication error
Changed the error message to be appropriate when user authentication error occurs when connecting to FTP server.
Support TLS 1.1 / 1.2
When connecting to ftp server with FTP over SSL, connection using TLS 1.1 / 1.2 has been enabled.
- [MTC-25751] Bundled Net::FTPSSL is up-to-date.
- [FEEDBACK-1180] Resolved issue where replication of blog was not done correctly.
- [MTC-25646] Fixed an issue where server certificate verification was done even when 1 was specified for SSLVerifyNone or FTPSSSLVerifyNone.
- [MTC-25558] The value of asset type custom fields now displays correct link.
- [MTC-25604] Fixed an issue where SMTP authentication fails when ? (question mark) Is included in the value of SMTPPassword configuration directive.
- [MTC-25915] Fixed an issue where the FacebookCommenter plugin caused a timeout when acquiring user images.
- [MTC-25113] Resolved issue where the value of 0 is not processed correctly by MTIf tag.
The release of Movable Type 6.3.8 brings with it a large number of improvements that were made possible by the help and support of Movable Type community members. We would like to include a special shout out to the following members for their contributions to this update:
- Martin Niggemann (FEEDBACK-1180)