The Movable Type 6 Beta 1 is now available for testing!
Please visit our "Movable Type 6 Beta" page and download now.
Attention: This software is not recommended for use in a production environment. Please review the Pre-Release Software License Agreement before downloading.
About Movable Type 6
Based on the input and feedback from our customers and the Movable Type community worldwide, we are proud to announce the unveiling of Movable Type 6.
As Movable Type has evolved, our main goal has always been to provide a powerful, efficient, and easy to use product to help make managing daily blog and website content a breeze instead of a chore. With Movable Type 6 we worked toward this goal by super charging our API, now making it even easier to manage and manipulate data with the use of a variety of programming languages.
We have also included a new Smart Phone application called "Loupe". With Loupe, users can confirm and approve pending comments and entries, upload photos and view website and blog access statistics, allowing users to manage their blogs and websites no matter where they are.
Additions to Movable Type 6
New Movable Type 6 functions include:
- New API - Allows the use of language other than Perl to expand on previously uneditable functions.
- Smart Phone Application "Loupe"
- Website Function Improvements
- Dashboard Update - Includes the addition of the "Site Stats" widget, the Message Center, and the "This is you" widget relocation.
- Google Analytics - Easily and quickly view blog and website access statistics.
- Message Center - A new dashboard widget that displays alerts such as system messages, plugin and application updates and security warnings.
- Unpublish Date - Set unpublish dates for entries and webpages.