Movable Type 5.0 Beta 4 has been released!
Included is the first website theme for the “Professional Website Theme” and many other bug fixes.
This beta is scheduled be the last beta before there are two release candidates. At this point we’re targeting for a late November launch of MT5. A more specific date will be available as MT5 code stabilizes.
Please report bugs found during your testing.
Warning! - This is beta software and is not recommended in any production environment.
- Movable Type 5.0 Pro Betas (available in English and Japanese)
Check out the Pre-Release Software License Agreement for more details about the software.
Resolved Issues in Beta 4
- “Professional Website Theme” is added as a new theme.(102154)
- WebsiteLabel has changed to WebsiteName (102727)
- Remove the definition of active users from app (102776)
- Keep a compatibility of plugins (102731)
- Create “MultiBlog Trigger” for “All blogs in this website” (102593)
- MultiBlog Trigger also for “Pages” not only for “Entries” (102627)
- UI: “Created, Published, Edited” date and time of the entry (102385)
- DOC: FastCGI: Unable to access with XML-RPC (102513)
Note: Because default template sets and global templates have been updated, all template sets (including global templates) must be refreshed to get updates to core template sets.
- Garbage alert when recovering password (102658)
- Garbage System Info (102649)
- Item name is garbled when file name is multibyte (102733)
- Setting Punctuation Replacement makes garbage entry for the first publish (102705)
- [dynamic] Thumbnail isn’t created when file name is multibyte (102683)
- A CustomFields values was garbled (102634)
- FastCGI: Unable to complete import (102688)
- Settings are cached in FastCGI (102662, 102516, 102446, 102271)
- FogBugz 102318: FastCGI: Infinite redirect after installation (102318)
- Cannot save pages and entries sometimes on 5.0b1 (102281)
- Unable to insert asset on Page/Entry body on FF3.0x (101829)
- Category/Folder label is double encoded on Compose screen (102721)
- Folder label is doble encorded on Manage Folders screen (102718)
- Category label should be escaped but it should not be remove_html-ed on Manage Categories screen (102641)
- Site root and archive root that start with ‘/’ are not shown properly (102615)
- Archive URL is not restored when restoring a blog backup (102740, 102739)
- [Restore] Multibyte file name thumbnail isn’t displayed (102734)
- [Restore] Item URL looks odd (102725)
- Perlis.dll doesn’t install MT 5 Beta 4 (102714)
- Facebook Commenter setting generate error (102709)
- Publishing a comment posted via Facebook authentication results in an error (102433)
- Batch edit entries disappeared (102661)
- to set Dynamic Publishing Options (FogBugz 102670)
- Display file extension when creating / editing page (102581)
- FB: Canceling on dialogue makes confuse entry body editor (102414)
- Upload of first userpic in system via mt-cp.cgi causes error. (102337)
- Error when creating a multiblog trigger (102795)
- mt:Blogs tag doesn’t work in Search Result template (86204)
Known Issues in Beta 4
- Unable to restore backup (FogBugz 102594)
- FastCGI: Internal server error when uploading a userpic (102728)
- FastCGI: Save change of profile displays Internal Server Error (102752)