As a result we have packed Movable Type 4.0 chock-full of new features. There are honestly too many to list in a single blog post - and as exciting as a long list of new features might be, we fear users' eyes might start glazing over trying to parse through it all. So over the course of the next five days we will posting the entire list of the major new features found in Movable Type 4.0.
Your first set? How Movable Type 4.0 is helping you to "understand your blogs better."
Understanding Your Blogs Better
- A completely reinvented user interface
- Built in reports on blog activity
- Blog-style presentation of your recent content makes it easy to skim and know at a glance how your blogs are doing
- Customize your reports and user interface using the same MT template language that publishes your blog
- A customizable dashboard to display just the information each user finds valuable
- Smarter defaults throughout the system, offering more power with fewer configuration settings than MT 3.0
- Powerful listing screens with quick keyboard access keys and the ability to work with multiple selections of entries, comments, or authors
- Quick Filters on every listing screen let you jump to the most-frequently-accessed views of your information
- Built-in file manager for uploading and reusing assets like images or media files lets you keep track of all the content in your blog, not just entries