Advanced Developer Topics
By now you should really be getting the hang of building Movable Type plugins. It is amazing how much can be accomplished with so little code.
However, advanced Movable Type applications and plugins will make greater use of Movable Type’s native Perl API, and will also rely on a greater familiarity with programming fundamentals and design patterns.
In this section we will introduce you to the following topics:
- How to listen for and respond to events fired by Movable Type.
- How to create, load, save and delete objects stored in Movable Type.
- How to create your own Movable Type objects.
- How to extend existing Movable Type objects.
- Implementing key interfaces like Movable Type’s extensible authentication framework.