This release is the most up to date version of Movable Type 5.2, originally released in September. This release features 2 previously unreleased functions.
For more information on bug fixes, please refer to the following release notes:
About the New Functions
The boilerplate text function lets users register often repeated text, such as for event announcements, which can then be recalled and inserted in blog entries. Boilerplate can be pre-formatted using Markdown or the Rich Text Editor.
For more information on using the boilerplate function, please refer to the manual below:
New Theme: Rainier
The new blog theme, "Rainier" is now available for use with Movable Type.
"Rainier" is a multi-device compatible theme based on Media Queries (CSS). "Rainier" offers header banner and navigation customization options.
- Ability to evaluate the user's access method and automatically changes site design to best match the user's environment
- Customizable thumbnail image used when sharing your website on Facebook or other social media related sites
- Blog entry summary list pagination (divided into 10 entries per page)
- Bread crumb navigation
- Ability to preview blog posts before posting, as well as easily edit their appearance
- Multi-device compatibility via Media Queries for Classic Blog designs (such as the Cityscape series and the Minimalist series)
For more information on using "Rainier", please refer to the manual below: