Movable Type 4.1 Documentation
The following page aggregates all of the additions and changes made to the documentation in support of the release of Movable Type 4.1. What is listed below does not constitute the complete documentation for Movable Type, just what has changed in this release.
- What’s New. Get an overview of the major new features are in the release
- Change Log. View an exhaustive list of all the bugs that have been fixed in this release.
- Professional Pack Documentation. All paid customers are entitled to the Movable Type Professional Pack, which includes features like Custom Fields and the Professional Website Template Set (formally known as the “Universal Template Set”).
- About Template Sets. Learn how you can install custom designed websites quickly and easily.
- Windows Live Writer Support. Configure Movable Type to talk to Windows Live Writer.
- Using an alternate Rich Text Editor. Use an alternate rich text editor to produce valid XHTML output for your site’s content. COMING SOON
- Userpics. Upload a photo of yourself for your profile. COMING SOON
- Registering Help URLs for Template Tags.
- Registering Template Sets. Learn how to register your own set of templates with Movable Type that a user can select when creating a blog.
- Creating a Pluggable Rich Text Editor. COMING SOON
- Archivers. Learn about Movable Type’s abstraction layer for implementing your own archive driver (like zip or tar.gz). COMING SOON
- New Template Tags. See a list of all the new template tags introduced in Movable Type 4.1, along with a summary of other changes.
- Using Shared Templates. Use global templates to easily modify the look and feel of all of your websites and blogs.
- Publishing in a Multi-Server Environment. Learn more about how Movable Type can publish to multiple machines giving your web site better performance, reliability and availability.
- New Configuration Directives. See a list of all the new configuration directives introduced by Movable Type 4.1.