Community Solution Documentation
Welcome to the documentation for the Movable Type Community Solution. Here you will find all the information you will need to help install, configure and manage your Community Solution installation.
Our community and customers help make our documentation better through user contributed notes. At the bottom of every page on this site you’ll see a place for you to add your own comments about how we can improve upon our documentation. Please feel free to leave us any feedback.
- Community Solution Overview. Learn more about what the Movable Type Community Solution has to offer.
- Screenshots. Take a tour of the Movable Type Community Solution through this collection of screenshots.
- Installation. Learn how to install the Community Solution Software.
- Community Solution Template Sets. Learn how you can install custom designed websites quickly and easily.
- Using Shared Templates. Use global templates to easily modify the look and feel of all of your websites and blogs.
- Customizing the Login and Registration Screens. Learn how to customize your login and registration screens.
- Customizing Emails. Edit the messaging and links found the emails sent by Movable Type.
- Customizing User Profiles. Edit the meta data you collect from your users and edit the look and feel of their profiles.
- Favorites and Recommended Posts. Allow readers and visitors to recommend posts to their friends and add posts to a list of favorites on their profile.
- Using Custom Fields. Edit the meta data associated with all of your entries, pages, categories, folders and more.
- Reader Contributed Content. Allow your readers to contribute content of their own to your web site.
- Forum Administration Guide. Learn how to use, configure and customize your forums.
New in Community Solution 1.5
- Actions. Actions provide a way to display an aggregated view of a user’s activity within a community.
- Friending. Allow users to manage and maintain a list of friends in your community.
- Template Tag Reference . See a list of all the template tags provided by the Community Solution.
- Configuration Directive Reference. See a list of all the configuration directives provided by the Community Solution.
- Release Notes. To see a list of things every user should be aware of when using the Community Solution, please consult these release notes for your version.